Countach, the ultimate supercar | Page 1062 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach, the ultimate supercar

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by joe sackey, Aug 21, 2007.

1. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Rookie

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia

what i mean is you have 2 options:
    - full original
    - full Heinz S. modified

as it is now.... makes no sense to me to keep

i have been contacted already to supply some parts for it in the meantime ;)

joe sackey, Lambocars666 and vfinaldi like this.
  2. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
  3. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    #26530 Countachqv, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    When I bought my DD a long time ago, I had these dreams of increased power, larger rims and so forth. While this could be OK if smartly done by optimizing the original engine to get 50hp more (Some call this blue printing?), anything add on is not a good idea. However, now being 2020 if one needs more than 500hp. buy another souped up car. These cars are not made for 700hp or made to drag race current rockets. It is no longer about that. It is experiencing a bygone era where we still could live free of contrainsts on the road and drive a car with sound, feel and smell which in 20 years may get us to be state executed for even driving on the road. Today most people are scared of cars that are not driving nannies. how many people beleive we are so unsafe and crazy to sit out of the car to back it up? They have no clue it is the safer way..

4. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    #26531 Countachqv, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    I am sorry man but the Felon Must guy is too much on the pipe. Dont even mention countach with that abortion!

Ciro Izzo likes this.
  5. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    That gives me a new perspective on how to properly clean the engine bay with total fun!! Did the guy finish the job? lol. Detailing like that, I could do all day long...

6. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde

Peter K. likes this.
  7. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    joe sackey and EarlyCat like this.
  8. gutshot

gutshot Rookie

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta Area
  9. Lambocars666

Lambocars666 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2010
    FR & CH
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Rame Colorado

10. Lambocars666

Lambocars666 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2010
    FR & CH
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The rarest version of them all: the Countach LP400 Speciale!

Once Walter Wolf's special LP400 #1120148 was known to the world through great magazine articles and photos taken from Wolf's F1 paddocks, some VIP asked the factory for a similar Countach.

The original idea, however, was to produce from 1976 onwards along the normal Countach LP400 a "Countach S" costing 20% more than a LP400... with the roundish wheel arches, front spoiler, "Bravo" wheels and tuned engine we know from Wolf's "private prototype", that he got during the summer of 1975.

Unfortunately, the concept did not concretize until the beginning of 1978, with the new LP400S design we all know.
    But in the meantime, a handful of "LP400 Speciale" were built in 1976 and 1977.

_ #1120148 red with tan interior, the original concept car from Walter Wolf and Gian Paolo Dallara in 1975.

_ #1120112 red with tan interior, kept by the factory as a development car for the LP400S, from late 1975 until early 1978.

_ #1120188 red with black interior, lots of decals and stripes plus a special double rear wing, said ro have been modified some years later with a 5L engine (unconfirmed), for Lamborghini VIP Mr. Ermanno Spazzapan in 1976.

_ #1120202 blue with tan interior, for Lamborghini VIP Mr. Walter Wolf, similar to his previous special Countach, with a unique 5L engine (that was later transfered to his next one) in 1976.

_ #1120222 blue & gold with gold & blue interior, for Lamborghini VIP Mr. Albert Silvera in 1976.

_ #1120022 black with tan interior, customized dashboard and Miura seats, for a customer based in Milano in 1977 (modified from an original 1974 LP400).

Each of them had their own specificities and unique options up to customer's request.
    And except #1120148, all of them had modified parallel rear suspension links to improve handling.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

33guana, Peter K., Ciro Izzo and 2 others like this.
  11. 33guana

33guana Rookie

Dec 12, 2006
  12. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    Peter K. likes this.
  13. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    Peter K. likes this.
  14. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Per this photo you posted in the vintage images thread, 1120022 appears to not have parallel links, but rather wishbones per it's LP400 chassis & suspension, this can be seen in other images as well where the rear track is noticeably narrower than that of cars with factory parallel links

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Robert W

Robert W Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
    Yes, the Jeff White’s pink one was resprayed white sadly when he sold it. Middle photo is mine taken at the Brickmakers Arms pub in Windlesham in the UK near Peter Hay’s house. He hosted a LCUK meet at his house then at the pub. There was his RHD Miura SV and a RHD LP400 and several other Countachs and Lambos there that day including the BoB Wallace special.

EarlyCat likes this.
  16. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    Any idea what year was the middle photo, taken?

17. Robert W

Robert W Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
    5th May 1991

EarlyCat likes this.
  18. Lel

Lel Karting

Oct 11, 2007

Thank you for the nice information on these special LP400s.

I will just inform you that #1120022 did not have Miura seats. They surely looked like them but were in fact cut down Countach seats. By removing the headrests they could be placed further back and make the car more comfortable for taller drivers.

Lel

Lambocars666 likes this.
  19. Lel

Lel Karting

Oct 11, 2007

Wrong again Joe!

On the pic you can clearly see that the fix point in the frame is in line with the fix point on the upright, which means it has the “parallel linked” suspension. And as long as the uprights and the other parts of the suspension are untouched it will make no influence on the track if there is a one point or two point lower upright connection to the frame.

Lel

Lambocars666 likes this.
  20. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #26549 joe sackey, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    I see what you mean, I wasn't certain that's why I said "1120022 appears not to have parallel links".

Perhaps what I am seeing is the fact that the rear track is noticeably narrower than that of standard parallel linked car as anyone familiar with these cars can see, this has always been apparent to me if you compare this car to the Wolf Countachs as illustrated by this image and others

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Lel

Lel Karting

Oct 11, 2007
    Ok Joe,
    I can understand what you mean. But I am so familiar with that car so I know how it is constructed.

My best
    L-E

Lambocars666 likes this.