Countach service manual? | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach service manual?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by 348 Turbo, Jul 27, 2004.

1. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2002
    My friend owns a 1988 1/2 Countach. Does anyone know where I can get him a copy of the service manual? .pdf file would be best.
    Thanks.

2. Go Mifune

Go Mifune Karting

Dec 12, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hate to tell you this, but almost no worthy example of one exists. The best you get is a workshop manual (in Italain) on the 4 liter engine, a (reasonably good) parts manual for the 5 liter 2 and 4 valve cars, and a very basic servicing book based on the 25th anniversary cars. There is a "workshops manual" I have for the 5000s - I'll get it out and look through it again, but it's basically useless as a true shop manual.

This is one area Lambo was very weak in until Diablos.

Good luck.

3. Go Mifune

Go Mifune Karting

Dec 12, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Having said all that - the owners manual does have a lot of really good stuff, like valve clearances and lots of other adjustment specs.

4. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    I have available an original Lamborghini factory Countach parts catalog (3 ring binder format) that has part #'s and descriptions. It is NOT a shop manual. It will let you see the entire car in many blown up schematic drawings. I do not know if the part #'s are still valid ? It is for both the Countach 5000 and 5000QV. The QV is for both the US and Euro model.

It is helpful to some degree. You will now know the official desciption of every little worthwhile part.