bentasm1's 6.0... | LamborghiniChat
News

bentasm1's 6.0...

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by JimmyJ, Aug 17, 2004.

1. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Roy James
    OMG, I'm not a big fan on the Diablo's or yellow cars, but Ben's pictures of his 6.0 really made the car even more appealing to me. I might look into getting one myself. Thanks Ben for the great pics on your website!

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    You underestimate the POWER of the Dark side.

3. dmcgill

dmcgill Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    CA/NV
    his 6.0 is truly stunning. i guess it helps when you take 90 pics of it. lol.

4. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    LOL. Isnt that the truth!!

5. Ilya

Ilya Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
  6. Ilya

Ilya Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    O thats it?

:p

7. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Oooooh, Pearl Yellow! If there were ever a perfect color for the 6.0, it would be a close race between this and Black.

8. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Am I the only one to think those pics are crappy? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he put them online at good resolution and all ... but come on, some he cut off part of the car, the scenery is lame ... and pics look good when you are at the height of your object ... not higher like all these! :(
    I still saved a couple :D

9. dmcgill

dmcgill Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    CA/NV
    does anyone else think its a little cheesy to put the MSRP on there?

10. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    What a nice treat to see a thread about my car. Thanks guys. :)

Doug M -- I didn't put the MSRP up at first. You can imagine the amount of email from regular surfers on the web..... Most common question? "How much!" So, there is the price. Nothing wrong with having it up there. Also makes it fun to document it, why not online?

-Ben

11. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Zorro -- The scenery is lame? The pictures are from in my driveway you doofus. I'm a fan of constructive criticism, but hello? If you wanted pictures on the beach submit your $19.95 plus shipping and I'll go out and do it right away -- but only because you don't like my driveways scenery. If you want to come to Sarasota FL to take new pictures knock yourself out.

LOL.

-Ben

12. Juice It

Juice It Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I love that car. It was killing me to not bid on the one from PA on ebay a few weeks back but I don't have the space until I sell the Ferrari. Anyone know who got it and at what price? Almost the exact car but had a wing and yellow piping.

13. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    jeff; if you don't mind high miles (30,000) there was one in Montgomery AL that was on eBay. The wheels were painted yellow but the rest of the car was 100% identical to mine in every way. Even the same exhaust. If you searched on eBay for completed lambos it may show up there, or an andale search for diablo 6.0.

The yellow wheels, well, you must have a stomach for a *lot* of yellow. I didn't ;)

14. Juice It

Juice It Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Still haven't unloaded the Ferrari. Been too lazy lately. 30k is too much for me. I would go 10 or less when I am ready to do the deal. The one in PA seemed to be in such nice shape and more importantly a no stories car that it was hard to pass up.

15. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Ben, that car has been sold twice since it was on ebay. Last time was at 150 after 15k worth of work.

16. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    lol. Yeah, I get that alot too. I take most of the pics in my driveway, and some guy told me I needed to find a better place to take pics, that the cars were worth more than the house.lol. Julien doesnt always say the right things, but he's from Canada.

17. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    That's what is funny when someone spends a low dollar on a Diablo thinking they got a deal. It'll still cost the same -- the question they need to ask, is do they want to pay the full price up front to the dealer, or buy from an individual for cheaper and then put the other money in it for repairs? :)

18. sk90077

sk90077 Karting

Jun 25, 2004
    Those hires pics are cool Ben. I didnt know the Paint was so nice!
    Im goint to get a 6.0 one day and race it out!

Very Nice!

19. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    aaaaah ... didn't mean to be that harsh ... don't take it so bad. Never meant you driveway or neighbourhood was crap. What I meant is that the pics are ... hard to describe ... kinda like if the car was squeezed into the frame. I dunno your lens, so take it for what it's worth, but a picture from where the boat stands would have looked great, where you could see the car and a bit around. Especially from down low. Sure your neighbours are gonna think you're weird ... but they'll get over it. Been there done that :)
    Perhaps the lack of skyline is to blame, but the pics look cluttered too. And they desperately need some nature in it. Concrete, house and road are all some pale shade ... there's a terrible lack of contrast.
    Nothing actually wrong with driveway pics ... it's just that they rarely offer a good scenery for car pictures.
    Wanna look even weirder to your neighbours? Drive the car on the grass to take pics of it. The green/yellow will be outstanding.
    And I'm not familiar with FL sun, but these look like they were shot in early afternoon, under blazing sun (and direct sunlight). I like to shoot pics much later in the afternoon. Best is very early morning, but you'll never see me up at 4:30am, even to take pictures of a nice car :)

http://www.slantback.com/pictures/2001diablo/diablo-s-06.jpg
    This picture I like a lot ... IMHO, shooting from that height makes it much more ... uh ... "dramatic" or impressive. That's why cameras with tiltable screen are awesome. Stand up, hold camera at thigh level ... and snap great pics. Add a bit of depth to the background, and that would be an awesome picture.

19.95$? Is that all it's gonna cost to be towed off the beach? LMAO! If I wasn't 2k miles away, I'd gladly meet you somewhere, offer a couple drinks and snap a crapload of pictures of your car ...

I'm kinda a picture freak ... so yes, I'm pretty anal about it, and I do carry a camera with me at all times! A small 5MP Sony. Works great for those "nice place here, I'll park here, and take a couple pics" moments. Keep the SLR with foot long lens for special occasions :)

I re-read my post (this is very rare! lol)... and it actually was pretty a$$-holish. So there. I apologize, and hope this post here is more constructive. :)

I'll try to photoshop your car on a nice location. Will be cheaper than getting stuck on the beach. :)

PS : AJ - I try to improve the "not saying the right things". For example ... I didn't reply to your Murci thread ;) ... oops ... does that count as "not saying the right thing"? :D