Are any of you Gallardo owners former 911TT owners? | LamborghiniChat
News

Are any of you Gallardo owners former 911TT owners?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Minte, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Minte

Minte Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I am seriously considering trading in my 993 TT on a Gallardo.It would be my first Italian car.I've read about as much as possible.But that seat of your pants driving experience can't be read.Are the cars similiar in that respect?

I also have a 98' 911 cab,that I plan on keeping forever so i will never be p-carless.

2. whart

whart Formula 3
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    FWIW, i had a 2003 GT 2 that had some minor tweaks. GT3 seats, rollbar, harnesses, exhaust, but no chip. I got rid of it in favor of a 6.0 Diablo, but this is not my first Italian exotic; i had a succession of Ferraris before the Porsche. I loved the overall capability and quickness of the Porsche, as well as my ability to park it anywhere, drive it in the rain, etc. I did not like the Turbo lag, or an interior comparable to a Honda on a 200k car. I'll miss the Porsche, but i won't really miss it if you get my drift. Then again, i tend to go thru cars and wouldn't mind having an older Porsche Turbo just to enjoy as a change. The styles are so different between the Italian and German cars. But, for that matter, i opted for the less current Lambo, precisely because what i really liked about the Diablo wasn't quite present anymore in the G and Murcie. I'm sure those cars are fabulous performance cars, but they share an austerity with the Porsche i just got rid of. Not dissing them, just putting my perspective into perspective.....

3. Testacojones

Testacojones Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Terra
    I sold my 996TT and bought a Gallardo, for me the Gallardo is far more special, I can't say much as I am still breaking my motor in. The only thing I can say at this moment is that I don't regret for a second the choice I made. I do miss the Porsche and the explosive performance and racing heritage, but I rather have and drive my Gallardo. This car is a real head turner in a way that not even my Testarossa was, so better be prepared to have eyes all over you. Just the other day I did 140mph and I thought that I was driving at about 115mph, getting my K40 this week, it will be much needed.

If I was in your place I would sell the 911cab. and keep the 993TT.

4. vinrey

vinrey Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I had two 993tt's a 96 and a 97(my most favorite with all the bells and whistles...it was the car I wanted to be burried in...thank God I didn't when I crashed it trying to avoid an idiot cutting us off. The car took the damage to keep my wife and myself with minimal to no scratches). I went to a 355 spider briefly until I got a great price for it by a Lambo dealer and I got into the Gallardo. This car is fast, faster than my 993tt with the tricks. I love the G car but I'm keeping an eye out for a well cared for 993tt or 930. I still have my 96 993 carrera and will probably never get rid of it. To get back to your question, I would agree above and keep the tt and sell the cab if financially possible but you won't be too short changed in keeping the cab and going with a lambo. The lambo just has a different aura. Practically and well roundedness still goes to Porsche. Hope this helps.

vince

5. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    2nd this. 993TT is a looker.

6. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I had a 996TT. The Gallardo is every bit as reliable and much more FUN to drive.
    It actually even handles the twisties better. T^his car is GERMAN engineering Italian styling.

I'm SURE You'll like the Gallardo much more....... I do.

7. Minte

Minte Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    Wisconsin
    I appreciate the responses! It's good to hear that the Gallardo delivers.
    As far as keeping the cabriolet rather than the turbo.In some respects it's a tough choice,but in the most important respect it's easy.Nothing beats the 911 on a nice summer day with the top down!

That's why it would be important for the Lambo to be on par with the Turbo performance wise.

As much as I would love to keep both Porsche's and a Lambo,my daily driver is an 03' M3smg and my wife drives an Ml350.We have 4 garages and i can't imagine my wife would be real happy about having to park outside. :)
    So,until i find a way to add another garage 2 toys at a time are my limit.

http://www.mintescollections.com/mintesfleet.htm

8. bottomline

bottomline Rookie

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    I believe No Mercy is on this board. He has a 996TT and has a Gallardo on order.