Anyone interested in a Yellow Gallardo? | LamborghiniChat
News

Anyone interested in a Yellow Gallardo?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by MurcieMurcie, Nov 19, 2004.

1. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    10+ new listings on Dupont:eek:

Does anyone else feel that they produced to many Gallardos?

2. mhh

mhh Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Too many? Well, it is still a low volume model. It's not that unusual for there to be many low mileage cars around soon after a new model release. They are the speculators who are attracted to hot models (like Gallardo).

There sure is a high proportion of pearl yellow ones though. Probably like red Ferraris, I guess.

Where I live, they are still a novelty anyway. In my city (Adelaide) with a population of 1 million, there are only 2 Gallardos - mine (solid yellow) and a metallic black one. I'm not sure why, but it is nice not to bump into your own car every day.

3. 911Fan

911Fan Karting

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    There's one advertised in Autoweek which has been there since the Pleistocene.

One of these days these hopeful sellers will start throwing in their towels and prices will tumble. Flooring must be getting painful for the dealers...

4. Joe G.

Joe G. Karting
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    they produced way too many

they should have made under 1000

they made almost as many gallardo's in the first year of production alone, then the countach in it's 16 years of production

lambo claims exclusivity then they contradict with this model ?

5. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    ...but everyone i know in adelaide seems to have bumped into yours. :D

6. mhh

mhh Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Under 1000 units would have made the Gallardo uneconomic. The price ensures exclusivity if the volume doesn't. And they will only make what they can sell.

7. mhh

mhh Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Good one, Ash! :)

8. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Get ready for a big drop in prices on 04 Gallardo's, especially when the 05 arrives. Too many built and not enough demand.

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

yeeehaaa!! Then I will be able to buy one very soon!!

10. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeeehaaa!! Then I might be able to buy a door handle or gearknob very soon!!

11. MarkPDX

MarkPDX Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    It was amusing to see 3 yellow Gallardos pull up to a four way stop at the same time from different directions when in Monterey in August. There were more of the damn things floating around than Hondas.

12. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    They made about 15,000 or so 360's, and the Gallardo's main reason is to compete with the 360's. So thats like saying they should have made under 1,000 360's when they made 399 ENZO's... just doesn't make sense.

All I can say is that the Gallardo's timing was not right at all. Now that the F430 is coming out why would people pay money to buy a Gallardo if they can have a newer, faster, more advance, Ferrari...? And not to mention the prices taking a huge drop lately! It's crazy.

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'm not sure what the number actually is, but the current Autoweek says 10,000.

Gary

14. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Because the Gallardo is the best looking Italian car to be released since the Miura!

15. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    its not even the best looking lambo by far...how about the murci, the diablo, the countach.......