Anniversary Murci-Great values out there | LamborghiniChat
News

Anniversary Murci-Great values out there

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by 6.0 se, Oct 15, 2004.

1. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    This car has been a problem for dealers from day one. The 2003 Anniv. Murci can be had at a great price, everywhere. Many dealers still have the original car unsold. Most of them have a couple hundred miles on them, just from test drives and pulling them in and out of the showroom. The car is actually very nice, and has many carbon fiber upgrades, as well as a great wheel color. If you are looking for a "new" Murci, at a bargain price, with a full warranty, check these cars out. You can steal them at most dealers.

2. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    what would you consider a steal for a car with about 200 miles on it?

3. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    why have they proven to be so unpopular?

only 50 were made, you think they'd all sell fast for over MSRP knowing they'd be worth more than your standard murcielago down the road later on.

4. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    The problem was and is the color. Many people who saw the car felt the car was just plain ugly in that color, hence, leftovers and lower prices, but as I asked earlier, how much lower???

5. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    What?! That color is gorgeous.

6. Cabbie

Cabbie Rookie

Oct 6, 2004
    I think the color in the flesh/metal is quite lovely. I'm guessing that it does not really show that well in the pictures.

7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Guys: the color on the car looks NOTHING like the picture above. The picture above does not look half bad. You must see the car in real life to judge.

8. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I have seen, and sat in, the 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago 40th Anniversary at an auto show last year. I personally do not like the colour combonation of the car and would much rather opt for a normal yellow on black scheme, but that's just me.

9. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Woods
    Yeah that color is awful when you see it in person. I know of quite a few dealers that have them still available. Open Dupont Registry and you will see the dealers. Crazyness. A local NYC dealer has one over here too.

10. 911Fan

911Fan Karting

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Is the difference just cosmetic or is there also some performance enhancement?

11. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Woods

Exterior only. No performance I believe.

12. 911Fan

911Fan Karting

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    I have to agree that it's a hideous color in person! IMO, it would have looked much better in black with all of the carbon fiber features serving as accents.

13. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Whats so hideous about the color?? I saw one last year at the LA Auto Show and it looked amazing in that color combo. It think i would choose that color over anyother color if i had a choice.....

14. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    The color, while not that bad, is too non-traditional for a Lambo. Even if they had done it in the purple, like the 30th cars, they would have sold. That being said, 2 years down the road it will be just another color, and the savings today will be a benefit at resale time. Bob, you can get a "new" 03 Anniversary for as low as 230k, which is 70k off of the MSRP. I have seen a 1200 mile "new" car for 220k.

15. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Rookie
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    This coming from a guy with a powder blue F40 for an avatar. :)

I keeeed, I keeeed!
    :)

16. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Having seen one at Fox Valley, I TOTALLY AGREE with you. See one in person first. Does anyone have current prices??

17. Scuderia_Ferrari

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Doesn't it have like 10 more horespower?

18. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    No, not that I'm aware of.

19. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Dave, you can get one for about 230k. Most have a few "dealer" miles on them, but the full warranty.

20. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    =)

21. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    The color is just hit and miss. It is personal preference. Agreed the car does not seem to photo well. You have to see it outside. They should not charge anymore than a regular 03 Murcie. They did very little to seperate this from a normal Murcie. 40th anniv ? Hopefully they will do a better job next time for the 50th.

22. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The color is NOT very appealing in person. It is much more green in hue than AJ's picture shows.

23. Jay

Jay Karting
    Owner

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    That's a matter of personal taste. I've seen many se's in person and the color depends greatly on the lighting. Sometimes more blue, sometimes more green. That's one thing I like about the car. The thing I don't care for is the perforated leather. But that too is a personal preference :)

24. ilo

ilo Rookie

Jul 27, 2004
    Maybe I'm the only one but I love that color. I love the color combination. I just wish I could afford it on a student budget.

25. darth550

darth550 Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    With Stu
    Full Name:
    St Mark
    More like this.

DL