99 Yellow Diablo Background Check..... | LamborghiniChat
News

99 Yellow Diablo Background Check.....

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Apr 26, 2005.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. I never liked the prices on the 99's, thought it was too much for a non-roadster.

Between March and September '03 someone put 5000 of the 9000 miles on the car. It hasnt been driven much since then, which would be concern for rotting things out.

Failed the emissions test 5 times this year, but probably not a big issue.

Here's the carfax in the next post..............

Car does look clean and a new clutch is a bonus.

-Ben

3. Report Generated for
    Benjamin Evans
    For Personal Use Only

Since its establishment as an independent company in 1986, CARFAX has collected the largest vehicle history database in North America. This database currently includes over 3 billion records from thousands of public and private sources.

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee! No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
    The story of this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
    This coupe has had 3 owners and was owned in California. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by a California DMV in 2000.
    It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
    It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
    It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
    It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 1,799 miles per year, which is lower than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 03/21/2005, was 9,200 miles.
    It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
    Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
    1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
    2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
    Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
    3. LEMON CHECK®
    No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
    4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 3 Estimated Owner(s)
    Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations
    5. RECALL CHECK
    LAMBORGHINI Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
    6. WARRANTY CHECK
    No Data Reported to CARFAX
    DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY 20 HISTORY RECORDS REPORTED
    Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Year/Make/Model: 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV

Body Style: COUPE
    Fuel: GASOLINE
    Driveline: ALL WHEEL DRIVE
    Manufactured in: ITALY
    Safety Equipment: Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: 6-digit Odometer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for the perfect LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV? Check out a list of them in your area.

FREE to you from CARFAX. With the CARFAX Vehicle History Report, you get all this additional information to help you make the right decision when buying or selling a used car or truck.

How safe and reliable is this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV?
    Find out with the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report.

Looking for other 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV vehicles like this one in your area?
    Get a complete, up-to-date list of CARFAX Hot Listings

What are other CARFAX customers saying about this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV?
    Share what you know about this vehicle - Add a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment.

Helping your teen learn to drive?
    Get safe teen driving tips and information with the CARFAX Safe Teen Drivers Program.

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! No severe damage events were ever reported by a DMV for this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264). If you find that any of the following severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Salvage Title Loss Due To Fire Title
    Junk Title Flood Damage Title
    Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Hail Damage Title
    Dismantled Title Canadian Total Loss

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264) had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX from its sources. This section checks for accidents and/or related damage reported from many public and private sources. Not all accidents are reported to CARFAX. A vehicle inspection completed by your dealer or professional mechanic is recommended.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
    No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
    No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 26.Apr.2005 12:52:13. New data will result in a change to this report.
    Not all accidents are reported to the Police. Tell us if you know of other fender benders, accidents or damage.

Register FREE Guarantee | CARFAX Help Center

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! No major odometer problems were ever reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264). If you find that any of the following odometer problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
    Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an odometer rollover.

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX found no inconsistent odometer readings in the mileage history of this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264).

Date: Mileage:
    12/09/1999 87
    02/12/2000 284
    08/26/2000 1,089
    09/05/2000 1,389
    03/25/2003 3,298
    09/20/2003 8,343
    09/22/2003 8,344
    10/13/2003 8,497
    05/06/2004 8,832
    10/25/2004 8,962
    03/10/2005 9,148
    03/11/2005 9,149
    03/11/2005 9,183
    03/21/2005 9,200

Average miles driven per year 1,799 CARFAX AdvisorTM Compare this vehicle's average annual mileage to the industry average of 15,000 miles per year. Use this comparison to determine how this vehicle was driven.

Do you know this vehicle's current mileage? Tell us and help protect others from mileage fraud.

GOOD NEWS! No manufacturer buyback was ever reported by a DMV for this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264). If you find that a manufacturer buyback was reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back. You must register to activate this free guarantee!

Ownership History:

CARFAX estimates that this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264) had 3 owner(s). CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history and other supporting events to identify potential ownership transfers. In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Estimated Owners: Date: Location:
    1st owner 05/23/2000 California
    2nd owner 09/07/2000 California
    3rd owner 09/22/2003 California

CARFAX AdvisorTM
    The cost of ownership varies by vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com to check the recommended service schedule and estimated costs for this vehicle.

Types of Owners:

This 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264) was checked for 8 types of registrations.

No Personal Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
    No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
    No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
    No Taxi Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported

Do you have information about how this vehicle was used or driven? Tell us what you know.

LAMBORGHINI does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
    Go to the CARFAX SAFETY & RELIABILITY REPORT for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for the 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV. You can also contact an authorized dealership or LAMBORGHINI to find out if this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264) still has recalls that require repair.

CARFAX cannot calculate the remaining coverage for this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264) because no original manufacturer warranty information was reported to CARFAX by its source.

Estimated start date of warranty: 02/12/2000
    Last reading reported on 03/21/2005: 9,200 miles
    Today's Date: April 26, 2005

Type of Coverage: Original Warranty:
    Basic No data reported to CARFAX
    Drivetrain No data reported to CARFAX
    Emissions No data reported to CARFAX
    Corrosion No data reported to CARFAX
    Transferable No data reported to CARFAX
    Roadside Assistance No data reported to CARFAX
    Safety Belt & Inflatable Restraint No data reported to CARFAX
    Specific Components No data reported to CARFAX

CARFAX Warranty Check provides an estimate of this vehicle's remaining warranty coverage. It does not take into account some vehicle history events. For example, major accidents resulting in Salvage or Junk titles that may void the original manufacturer warranty or ownership transfers that may decrease warranty coverage. This warranty information is only valid for vehicles manufactured for sale in the US. Complete warranty coverage information is available for this vehicle at the LAMBORGHINI web site.

CARFAX searched more than 3 billion records from over 5,300 sources and found 20 record(s) for this 1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV (ZA9DU01B5XLA12264).

Date:
    Mileage Reading:
    Source:
    General Comments:

12/09/1999 87 Service Facility
    Vehicle serviced

02/12/2000 284 California
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Santa Ana, CA
    Odometer reading reported for title
    or registration

05/23/2000 California
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Santa Ana, CA
    Title issued or updated
    First owner reported

08/26/2000 1,089 California
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Tarzana, CA
    Odometer reading reported for title
    or registration

09/05/2000 1,389 California
    Inspection Station
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Passed emissions inspection

09/07/2000 California
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Tarzana, CA
    Title issued or updated
    New owner reported

10/05/2002 Dealer Inventory
    California
    Vehicle sold

03/25/2003 3,298 Service Facility
    Vehicle serviced

09/20/2003 8,343 California
    Inspection Station
    La Jolla, CA

09/22/2003 8,344 California
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Goodyear, AZ
    Title issued or updated
    New owner reported

09/22/2003 Dealer Inventory
    California
    Vehicle sold

10/13/2003 8,497 Service Facility
    Vehicle serviced
    Brakes serviced

05/06/2004 8,832 Service Facility
    Vehicle serviced
    Air conditioning serviced

10/25/2004 8,962 Service Facility
    Vehicle serviced
    Electrical system serviced

03/10/2005 9,148 California
    Inspection Station
    La Jolla, CA
    Failed emissions inspection

03/10/2005 California
    Inspection Station
    La Jolla, CA

03/11/2005 9,149 California
    Inspection Station
    La Jolla, CA

03/11/2005 California
    Inspection Station
    La Jolla, CA

03/11/2005 9,183 California
    Inspection Station
    La Jolla, CA

03/21/2005 9,200 California
    Inspection Station
    San Diego, CA

Tell us what you know about this vehicle

Detailed Vehicle History Definitions:

Failed Emissions Inspection
    The emissions check performed during a vehicle inspection indicated the vehicle was emitting more than allowable emissions standards and/or had missing or modified parts. Repeated failed emissions records can indicate engine problems and CARFAX recommends you have the vehicle inspected.

First Owner
    When the first owner(s) obtains a title from a Department of Motor Vehicles as proof of ownership.

New Owner Reported
    When a vehicle is sold to a new owner, the Title must be transferred to the new owner(s) at a Department of Motor Vehicles.

CARFAX
    BUYBACK GUARANTEE

If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles and were not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

Severe Damage: Odometer Problems: Lemon History:
    Salvage/Junk

Rebuilt/Reconstructed

Dismantled

Fire/Flood/Hail

Canadian Total Loss
    Exceeds Mechanical Limits

Not Actual Mileage
    Manufacturer Buyback

Your CARFAX Buyback Coverage:
    Vehicle: Transferable Coverage: Activation:
    1999 LAMBORGHINI DIABLO SV
    ZA9DU01B5XLA12264 04/26/2005 - 04/26/2006 REQUIRED --
    ACTIVATE TODAY!

Activation Required

Go to www.carfax.com
    Terms and Conditions Apply
    CARFAX agrees to buy this vehicle back from the holder of this Vehicle History Report if the report indicates the vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee and a Branded Title, as fully defined in the Terms and Conditions, actually exists for this vehicle. YOU MUST REGISTER TO ACTIVATE THIS FREE GUARANTEE (www.carfax.com) in order to be eligible for payment. View Terms and Conditions (www.carfax.com/guarantee/hctermsanddef.cfm).

Additional Services & Resources:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Price Quote Vehicle Financing Insurance Center Pre-purchase Inspection

CARFAX Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®

Need help? Please visit our Help Center at www.carfax.com.

© 2005 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending. 26.Apr.2005 12:52:13

4. my sincere gratitude, ben. thanks.
    im enthralled w/ the exterior but luke warm on the two-tone interior....
    will 155k catch it? what is the attached significance of the alpine vs. reg diablo?

bstrgds,

5. Hey Tom:

Luv the pimpin yellow interior !! Granted it is the 2nd best thing in the McDrive thru (next to the McMurcie x-rapper ride), you will nonetheless impress the gurlz.

Don't go to far out beyond 150K. M.I., MO has a 800 mile Ti 6.0. Ask 195ish. - Tell them Paith sent you !!

Good luck

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. good 2 know, r-man and thanks for the endorsement. i figure at low 150k...i am close to da ballpark.

gurlz are da last thang "me need"...lol... i'm 2 deep in doodo already...
    need to stay low and off the radar screen for awhile.....later,

8. For what it's worth, the Alpine package was a $48,000 upgrade according to the sticker of the car. I don't think it would take near that to reproduce it, but it's cool nevertheless. I have a scan of the original sticker of one of the Alpine's if you want it. Total original sticker was $297k.

9. charles, that would be splendid. i assume the upgrades are stated on the sticker. otherwise, can you tell me what those upgrades are? thanks.

bstregrds

10. Ben,

Is new clutch normal given that miles?

Tom,

Just step up and get a 6.0 already! :)

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. the only 6.0 i truly lust after is ben's ex-yellow one....(therein lies my obsession for yellow lambo)

13. I love that car Ben had. So buy a yellow one. I noticed Jeff B on the board got one. Yellow 6.0s don't seem to be that rare. I could be wrong.

You got the dough, just step up. Be an inspiration to us all ;)

14. Me and Bill (whart) were talking on another thread about how the murcie and the 6.0 look side by side (daves cars) and he commented that the Murcie is much more modern looking.

Honestly, IMHO, the 99 you are looking at looks 80s with the front end design. Thus for 30K more you can get a clean 6.0, which to me looks modern and beautiful.

Then again, maybe my eyes need to be check, or I must be second hand marijuana smoking.

Good luck Tom!

15. you can keep the roadster when i leave the country..... :D
    all i ask in return is a copy of your 04 out-dated LA hottie black book :D :D

16. Done deal. :)

You can have the current 05 ones. Like you I have a serious committement problem, so plenty of left over 05 meat. :D

More hos than you can shake your stick at, literally ;)

And they aint the Kansas kind either ;)

17. uhh...so, how much meat did she have on her prior to you taking first dip? :D

18. We ain't talking about kansas cows brotha :D

I am selective, the mileage on them are low, prior to entering my dealership ;)

They come in "gently used" and leave "thoroughly abused" :)

interesting, how the lambo threads all go hand in hand with the threads on the hos :D

Where is Ralph? Lets get the party started :D

19. To someone who doesnt know the proper clutch techniques on a Diablo, yes. To anyone who knows what they are doing, the clutch will outlast the car.

-Ben

20. That is what I learned from AJ, and thus was shocked to learn this car already had a new clutch.

21. Hey Tom, do you prefer this '99 Diablo over a 6.0? If not, I would recommend getting a 6.0 instead of the older model Diablo. I didn't pay too much more for my 6.0 than the current bid on this '99 and my car only had 6500 miles on it.

22. I`m a bit confused.....
    CARFAX always mention a Diablo SV - but its a VT !?!?

23. Tom, to me the 99 front end looks better than the 6.0, which looks (to me) like a car that has been redesigned to meet front bumper regulations. However, you know i am biased, and I still like the way the 6.0 looks and I love the interior.

I still need to drive over and get a look at your current ride. I hope you do not sell it first.

24. Ecnal, are you from around this area?

you are certainly more than welcome to drop by anytime to check her out. just give me a buzz to make sure iam in town.

regards,

25. Hey Tom. I'm in the minority that thinks the exterior of the 99 is much sweeter than the 6.0. To me when they widened it and took out the curves and the upper intakes by the hood and flared out the lower intakes, they made the car less sexy and more utilitarian looking. I also hate the 6.0 taillight treatment. I do like the 6.0 interior a lot better, but the Alpine package takes care of a little of that, so I'm very pleased with my 99 Alpine.

I'll still e-mail you the sticker scan if you want it, but it doesn't have any details on it. It just says 'Alpine Edition' and something around $47,600 for it.

The Alpine package was purely cosmetic and electronic. While it wasn't done by the factory in Italy, it was done by Exclusive, Inc., which at the time was the US distributor for Lamborghini (like FNA is to Ferrari). Exclusive Inc later morphed into Platinum Motors, so Grant or Jeff at Platinum OC can give you some details on some of the cars. The rest of Exclusive's records are in storage somewhere at Platinum.

In my opinion, you could reproduce the Alpine package for about 1/3 of what they put on the sticker. For cosmetics, the Alpine got you the following:
    -- carbon fiber taillight surrounds
    -- carbon fiber 'fins' in front of the rear wheels
    -- roadster wing with carbon fiber insert
    -- carbon fiber dash trim around instruments & controls
    -- roadster wheels, chromed, with gold plated hardware
    -- 'Alpine' embroidered floor mats
    -- 'Alpine' embroidered car cover
    -- 'Alpine Edition' numbered plaque by driver's rear window

There is a little confusion about the cosmetics because some Alpine's differed from each other. Grant told me that this is because they were built over a long period of time and so some parts became scarce or were substituted. Some of the Alpine's had 'Alpine' embroidered headrests. At least one of the Alpine's had a carbon fiber sunshield on the engine cover above the rear window. Some had the carbon fiber cover over the center of the motor; mine did not.

For electronics, you got Alpine's state-of-the-art electronics for 99. By current standards they're sadly outdated, but you got:
    -- Alpine CD-ROM based navigation system
    -- Alpine 6.5" LCD flip-up screen head unit
    -- Alpine 6 disc CD changer behind pass seat
    -- Alpine subwoofer behind driver's seat
    -- Alpine 6.5" 2-way component speakers in doors
    -- Alpine V12 amp up front
    -- Integrated K-40 front/rear radar detector with hidden controls and warning light in normal dash lights area

Again, some of the Alpine's differed here. My car had the Alpine adapter for a rear-view camera correctly installed and active, but the wiring to the camera and the camera were never installed. Some had it. By today's standards, the nav system is an unusable joke. The sound system sounds good by exotic car standards but not particularly special by aftermarket standards. As a former MEI certified car stereo installer, I can say that their installation and design is quite poor. I don't know who did the install for Exclusive, but the work is lame for a $300k car. I will be re-doing mine shortly, leaving the possibility to go back to an all original system.

The bottom line is you can't go wrong with any 99 Diablo, in my opinion. The car is just stunning, the performance is staggering and since it was the end of the original (pre 6.0) Diablo line, it has every performance and reliability refinement that Lamborghini came up with over the 8 years of making the car. I had mine out last night and it never ceases to leave me open-mouthed when I downshift to 2nd for a pass on a rural 2-lane. It's the ultimate toy!!

26. Tom, you know me by a different name (my real one). I've got the 99 SV and we've talked on the phone a time or two.

27. got it...(lol).....sorry. my oversight :D
    it's early warning signs of alztimer....we need 2 get together soon.
    hope all is well w/ you and the family.