70 miles on a "new" Gallardo? | LamborghiniChat
News

70 miles on a "new" Gallardo?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by henrus, Jul 30, 2004.

1. henrus

henrus Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Spoke with a dealer yesterday about why a new Gallardo would have 70 miles on it. He said that, according to the factory, every new car gets miles tested on it before getting released (i've read in other posts as much as 1,000 miles?!). If a car gets more than 130 miles on it, it gets a new odometer. If not, it stays as is. That's why you'll see some cars with 0 miles and others more. So I guess that means a car with 10 miles is really 140 miles?

2. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Henrus, the cars that we receive from Lamborghini usually have anywhere from 40-90 miles on them, with most having about 65. I have seen one with 150 that was on a semi on its ways to another dealer, and we got one Gallardo with 33 miles.

3. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Lamborghini road tests every car extensively. This is common.

-Ben

4. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    LoD has one with 2 miles:cool:

5. 911Fan

911Fan Karting

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Ferraris get driven 60-70 miles on a test route. If a problem is found, it gets fixed and it gets checked again on a test route, etc. If your Ferrari has over 200 delivery miles, you've probably got a lemon on your hands!

Maybe it's the same procedure with Lambo.

6. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Oh oh, check the tire tread!

7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    They would just set the odometer back to 0 or 10 or something before letting it go out with 200 miles!

8. henrus

henrus Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Henry
    i suppose depending on how aggressively they tested (or other potential customers road test) the cars, you might want to get the clutch checked. from what i understand, you don't ever want to just drop the clutch on a 4-wheel drive car, as that will just end up killing the clutch.

9. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I want to work for Lamborghini ! ! ! ! ! !