50 Cent arrested driving his Murcielago in NYC | LamborghiniChat
News

50 Cent arrested driving his Murcielago in NYC

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by WILLIAM H, Sep 9, 2006.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
  2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer Formula 3
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Gee....he was so stupid to drive in NYC with an uninsured car and without lisence!! What slogan are the NY Cops are using? "Zero tollerance" as far as I remember.

...but the Murcielago Roadster looked very nice!

Cioa!
    Walter

3. noahlh

noahlh Karting

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I dunno...I think I have to respectfully disagree with you here. If you get pulled over, you are expected to present your license and registration -- those are the rules; we all play by them.

If you have no license, no registration, no temp tags, no plates, no insurance, you refuse to follow the instructions of the cop, and you generally give them the hollier-than-thou attitude, what else can you expect? A pat on the back?

I don't think the cops overreacted one bit here.

nlh

4. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Bravo, well said. I am glad that the police treated him the same way that I would expect to be treated under the same circumstance. Car looked great. They showed the arresting officer, in the blue shirt and tan pants, jump in the driver seat (I presume to take the car somewhere safe) who looked a little befuddled by the E-gear system.

5. nyamg

nyamg Rookie

Jun 3, 2006
    Did anybody notice that the car's color is brushed aluminum, or chrome????

6. Townshend

Townshend Karting
    Giallo Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    "Zero tolerance" generally applies to drinking, at least from it means here in Illinois. I'd assume 50 Cent has insurance on the car, just didn't have proof. That's happened to me before where I've run out to the store and been pulled over without a license or proof of insurance on me. They simply either say to make sure I have it on me at all times or will write me a ticket which later gets tossed when I show my insurance card in court.

On a side note, I feel his pain..was just written a speeding ticket last night. :(

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Well he was charged w all that

As we know Cops often like to add up as many charges as they can just so they look good. They dont care about the person they are skruing

8. Cajun

Cajun Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG

You got all that from that short azz video??? How do you know that he was not following instructions???? Let me tell you, as a young black male, when you don't follow instructions given by the police, you get a face full of concrete and end up hog tied in the back of the cruiser. With the **** beaten out of you. CASE CLOSED. They don't ask you nicely, you are not given the chance to give them your hands so they can cuff you. They simply bring an azz whippin' with them.

I have to agree with William on this one. None of the things you listed above are reasons for an arrest. All of them may be reasons for citation and them detaining the vehicle or having it towed, but I did not see one thing in that video that gave those pigs reason to arrest him. They were not even in uniforms! They were not even in a MARKED CAR! When they asked him to exit the vehicle, he gave them the "Are you serious? What for?" look, and then exhibited no signs of resistance. He exited, allowed himself to be searched, and put his hands behind his back. He was not cursing or showing out. He simply followed the routine.

Sorry, no "hollier than thou" attitude there.

Personally, I think they were just f'ing with him for the hell of it.

9. nishttdawg

nishttdawg Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Toronto, Ontario
    From what I know first the police approached him and asked him to exit the vehicle, he ignored them and continued to talk on his cell phone, after that they got pissed off. He was pulled over because of an illegal lane change.

10. tiara4300

tiara4300 Rookie

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Might I suggest yo night stick officer,

11. Malfoy

Malfoy Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I thought you didn't have to have insurance on the car if you owned it outright?

Also they definitely overreacted. Did he deserve all the fines and citations, sure why not. But getting arrested? Nah. He pulled over right away for crying out loud, he obviously wasn't looking to be too difficult.

12. yellow 355

yellow 355 Rookie

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    No reg no insurance no DL????? BRAINLESS JUST BRAINLESS!!!!

13. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Karting

Jul 8, 2005
    I gotta agree with Noah on this one. Forget the expired license and no insurance......Having no plates, temp tags, and no proof of registration is grounds enough for me. That's enough evidence that the car could of been stolen. Regardless who you are, what you say or do.

Am I wrong to think that way?

14. wbaeumer

wbaeumer Formula 3
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Cajun,
    the famous black musician Miles Davis was often stopped in his Miura and Ferrari Daytona in the late 60ies/early 70ies, just for "hey he is black - so where cum`the muny from to buy this toys"-attitude! Also a very racistic behavior then.

Thanks God this has changed - now chaps like Mr. Cent has enough cash to hang tons of gold and a Lamborghini around his neck. Anyway, Miles trumpet changed the history of music. Mr. Cent is only music in history....! But this is a very personal view from me!

Ciao!
    Walter

15. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    The video didnt say anything about plates, The Cops could easily run the plates to see if it was stolen. He had an expired DL

I think the Cops just arrested him so they could be on TV & make brownie points w their Chief & some overtime pay

16. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Rookie
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    If you don't have a finance company requiring it, you wouldn't have to carry comprehensive (if your car is stolen or otherwise damaged) or collision (to repair your car after an accident) coverage.

However, the law requires you to carry liability coverage (to repair damages to other's property and bodily injury)

17. KingPayam

KingPayam Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Payam
    They should keep him in jail.

18. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    he'll get out, all celebrities do.

19. b-mak

b-mak Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Star Alliance Lounge
    What? They couldn't have shot him first?

20. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    And throw away the key. :D

21. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    The only problem with that is b-mak..................his gangbanga homies would do a G-dog drive-by shizzle my nizzle fizzle wizzle at your cribs place with a mac-10 oozie woozie and some other mo-fo's packing man heat all up in their grills while driving a Hum-vee with 30inch wagon wheels and more blingity bling than MR-T. You feel me.......dawwwwwwwwwg. ;)

22. sea2sky

sea2sky Rookie

Feb 7, 2006
    Whistler
    Full Name:
    Will
    22 million sold. How much would he take home per copy sold?

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer Formula 3
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    German TV station ZDF featured that incident today. The car was clearly seen. It didn`t show a registration plate on the rear. Instead it was a PR-shield of a dealer. Perhaps the driver had only 49 cents in his pockets....!

Ciao!
    Walter

24. PAP 348

PAP 348 Moderator

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    It all depends on what's written in his contract. Could be a $1 per copy sold......could be $10 or more. The record label would take home most of the cash from the record sales. He would make more money from tours,but mainly from other multi-million dollar deals/endorsements all the celebs get offered. You feel me......dawwwwwwwwwwg. ;)