0 to 60 mph | LamborghiniChat
News

0 to 60 mph

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by Quinn Williams, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Quinn Williams

Jul 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Quinn Williams
    how fast is your Lamborghini?

2. topcarbon

topcarbon Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2006
    Scottsdale Arizona/ Mexico
    Full Name:
    jason
  3. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Depends on what jigawatt I have it set at..

Booker likes this.
  4. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Also, depends on what decade.....70's insanely. 80's seriously. 90's pretty. 00' nicely. 10' so-so.

5. Quinn Williams

Jul 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Quinn Williams
    Whats your 0 to 60 mph

6. Booker

Booker Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Moderator Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    great question

7. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    For a 12 yr old

joe sackey, Peter K. and Booker like this.
  8. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Ok, I'll assume it's a question a 12yr old would ask and I'll give a serious answer.

I do not remember the time from the journalists or the factory back in the 70's. It was unimportant to me then and now. Guessing, it's in the 5's.
    I, like most owners on here, have little or no interest in setting up a 0-60 timing day. Who is to say who would be accurate?
    I can tell you this, Chad Bolles and I driving the same car.....will have VERY different times. He can launch a car like a pro, which he was. Me, not so much :) (though I use to race Superbikes and launch pretty well)

It is not about the time, it is about the drive......at all speeds.
    These are not muscle cars or ricers. Which are usually found at the strips.
    BUT that is not to say some owners have not, or would not set the quarter for fun. Some have. Some have even drifted their cars. Each owner is very different....there money, their car, their individual ways of having fun.

So the answer is, don't know. I have zero interest in 0-60. I am only interested if this thing starts :)

Tu160bomber, topcarbon and Ciro Izzo like this.
  9. ponydiamond3000

Jun 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Pony Diamond
    Mine (Aventador S Roadster) 2.9? On a cold day warm tarmack maybe elven 2.8 on a very good launch,,hope question was serious tho

10. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Mine ( 1975 Fiat 500 ) Less than 5.

5 minutes that is. . . .

EarlyCat and Tu160bomber like this.
  11. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Yes, not a 0-60 car...or a 60-0 car. :) I had a 72 500R. It had the slightly bigger engine, something like 594 cc. My record top speed was 67 mph using a gradual down hill.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  12. Spyder-Man

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Its not about the speed, its not even about the comfort as that lacks too :D

Mine is also a R model and can cruise at 110kmh on the motorway 68.75mph Helll yeahhh. Has to be flat or down hill and without any passengers. But that is top top end.
    I tend to stick to max 100kmh (62mph) at which I'm comfortable that I'm not going to blow oil all over the place

Madam has a twin pipe Ansa sports exhaust which must be good for at least +0.25 BHP. Every little helps !

13. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

lol. When you're working with under 25 hp, all of it counts! The carb is very small, like 22 mm (IIRC), and an easy upgrade for a bit more power. I sold mine & kept a 70 Mini for sometime. I recently bought another 500, a new one.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tu160bomber likes this.
  14. Spyder-Man

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice colour! You're right, the original carb was a 24 mm, Fiat downgraded the carb as they had brought out the replacement 126 in parallel with the last run of R 500's and the 500 with the bigger carb was a quicker car. Not good for Fiat's sales figures.

I've also upgraded to 28mm carb, electronic ignition, bigger oil pan etc. Don't think I could ever sell my 500 as it's one of the most fun cars to drive / own. Here are the twins! (different parents but Italian heritage :D ) Just the white Stratos needed now . . .

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

#15 EarlyCat, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Nice! A Stratos, even a replica, would be cool. The old Fiat was fun, crash box & all. I shoulda kept them all. I found my 72 Fiat in a small newspaper add. They didn't know what it was. It was a gift brought back from a trip to Rome. They got the car in the US & could not register it, so it ended up in a small storage shed for almost 30 years. A true barn find with around 900 km with the EE plates on front & back. Since it was over 25 years old I had no problem registering. After a couple weeks I had it going again. Took me a moment just to figure out how to start it, lol.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  16. Spyder-Man

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    What a great story! Barn find holy grail and such low km’s and the EE plates too. Fantastic! We’ve all let cars go that we should have kept. Sympathy on that one.

I did upgrade to a sync gearbox in mine. As i knew I would drive it. A lot. And crash box would have marred my enjoyment. Mine was a rusty wreck in a barn. Restored in 2017/8. Generates so much interest when out and about.

Old cars are so much more easier to reg and use in the UK. Still, one day petrol will be outlawed and we’ll all be driving electric or fuel cell. Enjoy whilst we can!

EarlyCat likes this.
  17. Spyder-Man

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Posted in other Italian, but here for visability too.

I got the opportunity to be involved in a marketing video for Peroni Beer (Italian brand) a couple of weeks ago in London. My green 500 ( @Valentina_Fiat_500 on Insta) and I had good fun and a different experience.

I'm pleased to announce that the video shoot is now available for your viewing pleasure.

As it's an internal promotion for Peroni, it has their content. Mainly the 500 footage is at the beginning and ending with a small amount in the middle of the video.

I like what they have done. [​IMG]

Password: cas20

EarlyCat likes this.
  18. Spyder-Man

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ha ! I may have started a trend. I guess the marketing is working for Peroni huh, I should have asked for a 0.01% commission on global sales :D

EarlyCat likes this.